To qualify for Premier Club Award, clubs must have completed the criteria to earn the 2016-17 RI Presidential Citation. While Rotary International allows clubs until June 30, 2017 to qualify for the Presidential Citation, if your club is interested in one of the District Awards you will need to have all criteria completed by April 30, 2017.
In addition to the Presidential Citation, the following criteria must be met to qualify for a Premier:
- Club has a Strategic Plan in place and club members are aware of it.
- Club has current classification list which is reviewed and updated regularly.
MEMBERSHIP Requirement for Premier Club Award
- Achieve a net gain in membership of one for small clubs or two for large clubs.
- Improve the membership retention rate by at least 1% from last year or maintain 100% retention.
- Have a membership retention rate of at least 90% or, if it is lower than that, achieves the net growth as above.
- Have a weekly printed or online bulletin.
- Have a directory of members that is accessible by members.
- Maintain good communications with the AG and DG (as reported by the AG in Club Central).
- Have at least 5% of all club members receive the All Star Rotarian award
DISTRICT PARTICIPATION Requirement for Premier Club Award
- Submit all RI and District dues on time in July and January.
- Have 3 members (for small clubs) or 5 members (for large clubs) attend the District Assembly in 2017.
- Have 3 members (for small clubs) or 5 members (for large clubs) attend the Rotary Serving Humanity Seminar in August, 2016.
- Have 5% of your club membership* registered for District Conference in June 2017.*
- Have 10% of your membership* registered for the RI Convention in Atlanta in June 2017.*
*The entire Family of Rotary qualifies (Rotary member, Rotary partner, children, grandchildren, etc.).
FOUNDATION Requirement for Premier Club Award
- The program for at least one of your club meetings in November featured the Foundation
- Donate at least $536 to the Foundation.
- Increase number of Paul Harris Fellows by 5% or maintain 100% Paul Harris Fellow club status.
- Have all Club members as Paul Harris Sustaining Members.
- Have all Club members donate at least $100 to the Foundation.
- Donate at least $2,650 to PolioPlus in honor of the Foundation’s Centennial.
- Increase the total number of Benefactors by at least one.
ONLINE TOOL ADOPTION Requirement for Premier Club Award
- Set at least 10 goals in Rotary Club Central.
- Have at least two Club members participate in Discussion Groups in My Rotary.
- Have at least 50% of members identify their skills and interest in their My Rotary profiles and have that section unlocked for visibility.
HUMANITARIAN SERVICE Requirement for Premier Club Award
- Have a project, fundraiser, or joint club meeting with another club.
- Have a defined and documented local Community Service Project
- Participate in an International Community Service Project (lead or partner).
- Participate in a Rotary has Heart Project
- Have at least one club member attend the Grant Management Seminar.
NEW GENERATIONS Requirements for Premier Club Award
Do at least two of the following:
- Currently sponsor or co-sponsor an EarlyAct, Interact, or Rotaract Club.
- Involve a New Generations club in a service project or fundraiser
- Sponsor a participant in RYLA and have them speak to your club after attending.
PUBLIC IMAGE Requirements for Premier Club Award
- Have a project covered by the local media.
- Have a club website or Facebook page that is updated regularly.
- Use the hashtag #RotaryAllStars and #Rotary6970 in all social media posts.