Brent Williams Spirit of Rotary Award
2015 - 2016 Ben Campen, RC Gainesville
2014 - 2015 D. Brent Willams, RC of Gainesville
Purpose: This award recognizes one outstanding Rotarian with District 6970 each year whose has exhibited multiple years of service in at least two areas of Rotary’s six areas of focus with an emphasis on helping others.
Nomination: By any district Rotarian
Deadline: March 31st
Minimum of 10 years in Rotary
- Based upon multiple years of service; not just one year.Must have exemplary service in at least two areas of Rotary with an emphasis on helping others.
- Cannot be in the Governor’s String or having been District Governor within the immediate past three Rotary years.
- Can receive this award only once.
- Active member in good standing of a Rotary Club in District 6970.
- Nominations are made by a club president on behalf of club to current District Governor.
- Presentation made at the District Conference or at a time determined by the current District Governor.
- Be received by the Selection Committee within a time frame determined by the Chair of the Selection Committee.
The selection committee is to consist of seven District 6970 Rotarians determined as follows:
- Immediate Past District Governor
- District Governor
- District Governor-elect
- District Governor-nominee
- Three at-large members.
- Selected the first year by the IPDG, DG and DGE.
- In successive years the IPDG will add a new at-large member.
- Each year the longest serving at-large member will roll off of the committee; except during the first three years, each of the at-large committee members will roll off the committee in the same year that the Rotarian who selected her/him rolls off of the committee.
- The selection of that individual should be made no later than the last day of February.
2014—2015 D. Brent Willams, RC Gainesville