Governor’s Lifetime Service-Above-Self Award
2008 - 2009 Alfred B. Watson, RC of Keystone Heights
Purpose: to recognize a Rotarian in District 6970 who has demonstrated a lifetime of service above self to the community and the world.
- An individual who has a long history of exemplary business professionalism, ethics, humility, and integrity. One who has been a Rotarian for at least 10 years, consistently supporting Club service. . . projects and other club activities as well as Rotary International’s goals.
- An individual who is involved in community service, applying their time and talents in steady, long-term commitments that exemplify the spirit of Rotarian Service-Above-Self.
- An individual who is a generous supporter of The Rotary Foundation, the Club programs and other charitable endeavors.
- An individual who is making a difference in the lives of many in the local community and the world.
Note: the intent of the committee charged to develop this award in 2009 was that no past governor to be eligible.
- Nominations are made by a club with the club’s Assistant Governor’s endorsement.
- Nominating Form available on the District website.
- Presentation made at the District Conference or at a time determined by the current District Governor.
- Be received by the Selection Committee within a time frame determined by the Chair of the Selection Committee.
Current District Governor shall appoint a committee of:
- The three most recent Past District Governors
- Two Assistant Governors who represent regions of the District not represented.