Club and Member Information Resources
⇒ In Service to Others (mask making, sewing, food preparation for schools, medical and first responder staff)
⇒ Need Zoom help? Port Orange-South Daytona member Hewitt Duport is here to support you. Email: email@example.com or text (386) 295-9402
You can see the current status of testing and infections on the FL DOH website: click here for Florida Department of Health-Covid-19 status
Announcements concerning the status of District 6970 events are found in the right side panel boxes.
Each club has to make its own decisions. Click here for updates by Rotary International.
Additional information can be found at the CDC: click here for up to date CDC information
Some direct information from the CDC can be found in the following 4 information sheets.
District 6970 Governor 2019-20
Week 40, March 29, 2020
Welcome back! More than half of our clubs are now meeting by video, and more are planning to. Others are arranging phone trees and emails to make sure they look after each other. I’ve been on three video meetings so far, and they’ve been fun–a great way to reconnect. If you need a speaker, consider our Youth Exchange kids—they’d love to share what is happening to their families right now. One club is reaching out to Rotary in Italy to find a speaker for their next meeting. There is a World of opportunities.
Some clubs have found ways to help deal with the epidemic; two areas seem especially popular:
- Making masks and gowns for hospitals; and
- Feeding kids and families who are suddenly short of food.
If your club is working in these areas, let me know. We want to find a way for clubs to share what is working.
Save April 24 & 25 for our virtual District Training Assembly. It will be held in your house or office. Stay tuned for details.
Meanwhile, let’s all help “flatten the curve” so our hospitals and our economy can get back to normal. Be careful out there.
2019-20 District Governor
Top 8 List
District Activities to Follow-Quick View
- District Awards: Submissions for the 6 areas of service awards extended to June 1, 2020. Link here AWARDS
- Foundation Grant Applications continue using the online process here: FOUNDATION GRANT APPLICATION
- Rotary International Convention 2020 at Honolulu, HI cancelled. See details from Pres. Mark Maloney here: CONVENTION 2020 HONOLULU
- Public Image Contest continues. Next deadline, March 31st. Follow this link to learn more and submit your club’s photos: PUBLIC IMAGE CONTEST
- Rotaract Summit cancelled. New date and location TBD.
- RYLA 2020 accepting applications until April 1, 2020. April 15th review and decision. Check here: RYLA 2020
- 3Keys2Success, Membership + Foundation + Public Image, planned for August 22, 2020. Location TBD.
- District Conference and Training Assembly at St. Augustine is cancelled for April 24, 2020. New date and location TBD. Click here for details about the cancellation of hotel reservations and refund of conference fees.
The District Assembly will be held by virtual sessions April 24&25, 2020. Watch for updates coming soon.
District Grant Applications Now Being Accepted
District 6970 In Action
March 2020 – Long-Term Recovery: Abaco and Grand Bahama Islands
In the Picture- Grand Bahama Island D6990 Rotarians in Freeport utilizing the “Rotary-Work-Trailer” which, under the disaster relief & recovery leadership initiatives of DGE Rich Turnbull and DG Mike Darragh, was donated and shipped to the Bahamas by D6970 from the Hurricane Dorian Disaster Relief Funds.
How can you assist?
The Five Avenues of Service
Club Service focuses on making clubs strong.
A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships
and an active membership development plan.
Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work
with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
Community Service encourages every Rotarian
to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.