The founding of the Jacksonville Rotary Club in 1912 signaled the beginning of District 6970. The District now comprises 63 clubs, 2 satellite clubs, 15 Rotaract clubs and 44 Interact clubs strong, serving 31 Northeast Florida communities in 12 counties with over 3,300 men and women. District 6970 takes pride in the Rotarians from the District who provide a tradition of leadership to the Rotary world. Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
The 8 Districts of Florida are shown in the map below. District 6970 comprises the 12 counties in northeast Florida.
Rotary International District 6970, also known as “Florida’s Crown District,” is made up of the 12 counties in Northeast Florida:
Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay,
Duval, Flagler, Marion, Nassau,
Putnam, St. Johns, Union and Volusia.
District 6970 consists of more than 60 Rotary Clubs (as of July 1, 2019) with approximately 3,300 Rotarians.
There are eight Rotary Districts in Florida.
In recent years the districts have been working collaboratively. The most notable result of this collaboration is Rotary Florida PETS, a statewide multi-district training seminar for incoming club presidents of the approximate 500 clubs in Florida. Rotary Florida PETS is planned and implemented by the eight District Governors-Elect each year, leading to strong bonds of friendship and cooperation between these Rotarians.
Map of Districts in Florida
District Calendar and EventsThere are no events at this time.
- Rotary’s first virtual convention inspires members to innovate and stay connected July 2, 2020
- 3D printers to the rescue July 2, 2020
- Young at heart July 2, 2020
- Supporting the environment becomes a new area of focus July 2, 2020
- Watch: Italian clubs aim to protect hospital workers responding to COVID-19 June 26, 2020
- Kenyan Rotarians take action to prevent spread of COVID-19&nbsp; June 26, 2020
- Italian club uses expertise to aid in coronavirus fight June 26, 2020
- Clem Renouf, the RI president who inspired Rotary’s polio eradication efforts, dies June 25, 2020
- Rotary provides $20 million to help communities worldwide respond to COVID-19 June 23, 2020
- Winners of the 2020 Rotarian magazine photo contest June 16, 2020
19 hours 45 minutes ago
Rotary District 6970 updated their cover photo.
21 hours 16 minutes ago
1 day 20 hours ago
🌈Awesome job The Rotary Club of DeLand! Great to see you still connecting. Continue to stay safe and set the example for all. We are all in this together. 😷😷😷🦩
3 days 14 hours ago
Welcome President Daniel Hilbert! 🦩