Interact Committee Members
Interact is Rotary International’s service club for young people aged 12 to 18. Interact clubs are generally sponsored by a Rotary club or clubs, which provide support and guidance, but they are self-governing and self-supporting.
Each year, an Interact club completes at least two community service projects, one of which features international understanding and goodwill. Interact helps students develop leadership skills and personal integrity, demonstrate helpfulness and respect for others, understand the value of individual responsibility and hard work and advances international understanding and world peace.
Interact is one of the most significant and fastest growing programs in Rotary, with more than 20,372 clubs in 159 countries and geographical areas, and with more than 468,556 members.
Interact Clubs are asked to complete a questionnaire to qualify for the 2019-20 Zone 34 Interact Award. After signature by the sponsoring Rotary club president, the completed questionnaire must be received by the District Governor (not Rotary International) no later than the 31st of March, 2020.
- Your Rotary, Rotaract, or Interact club can earn a Rotary Citation for achieving goals that strengthen Rotary and your club. Goals include increasing club membership, developing sustainable service projects, giving to The Rotary Foundation, and building awareness of Rotary in your community.
Citation for Interact Clubs
Interact clubs that achieve the Interact goals by the end of the Rotary year will earn a citation.
Only Interact clubs that are listed as active in Rotary International’s database can earn the citation. To confirm that a club is active, Rotarians can check the Listing of Club-Sponsored Organizations in Rotary Club Central.
All activities need to be completed by 15 August.
The sponsor Rotary club’s president completes the online nomination form for the citation by 15 August. For Interact clubs with more than one sponsor club, only one nomination should be submitted for any given Interact club.
Resources and reference
- Citation Goals and Instructions for Rotary Clubs (PDF)
- Citation Goals and Instructions for Rotaract Clubs (PDF)
- Citation Goals and Instructions for Interact Clubs (PDF)
- Rotary Citation Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- 2021-22 Presidential theme
- How to create a My Rotary account (PDF)
- How to Update Rotaract and Interact Club Information (PDF)
- Rotary Citation Discussion Group
Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Interact resource materials
Interact Guide for Rotary Club Sponsors and Advisers 2019 (PDF)
Interact Faculty Guide
Incoming Officer Form
Interact Club Inauguration Ceremony (PDF)
Interact Club Officer Installation Ceremony
How to start an Interact Club
Interact Membership Application
Interact Organization List
Interact Citation Qualification Information
Interact Citation Achievement Guide 2018-19
Rotary Citation for Interact Clubs – Online Nomination Form
Check the Rotary calendar for a list of observances and due dates. Here are just a few important dates for Interact clubs:
- 24 October 2021 – World Polio Day
- 4-10 November 2021 – World Interact Week. Learn more: Rotary World Interact Week
- 1 December 2021 – Deadline for Interact Video, photos, essay International Contest Submission. Watch VIDEO
- May 2022 – Rotary Youth Services Month