Club/District Centennial Gift Gets a Re-Wrap
President Tom Bryan and District Governor Mike Darragh rededicated the Ascension Health Services — formerly St. Vincent’s Hospital — mobile health unit that marked Rotary’s 100 years of service in Florida. As members and guests of our Rotary Club applauded, Mike and Tom cut the ceremonial ribbon for the re-designed vehicle.
On hand for the ceremony were Claudia Portell and Max Snyder from Ascension. At our meeting prior to the re-dedication, Portell told members and guests that in the 2018-19 fiscal year, the mobile unit had delivered services to 1,970 patients across five northeast Florida counties (Clay, Duval, Nassau, Putnam and St. Johns).
Last year, as St. Vincent joined Ascension Health Care — the largest nonprofit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system — their re-branding team requested updating the logo on the mobile health unit that Rotary presented to the hospital in 2012. The mobile clinic started as the 100th-year project of our Club, intended to serve Jacksonville and the surrounding area. Other Rotary clubs and District 6970 were invited to share in this project; the project also received matching funds from the Rotary Foundation. For the past six months, Sergeant-at-Arms Scott L. Eder has been working with the Ascension-St. Vincent team to develop the graphics that update the clinic’s appearance. In mid-March 2019, the artwork was unanimously approved by Club leadership.
For more information on Ascension Health Services outreach via mobile health units, click here.
District Calendar and EventsThere are no events at this time.
- Rotary’s first virtual convention inspires members to innovate and stay connected July 2, 2020
- 3D printers to the rescue July 2, 2020
- Young at heart July 2, 2020
- Supporting the environment becomes a new area of focus July 2, 2020
- Watch: Italian clubs aim to protect hospital workers responding to COVID-19 June 26, 2020
- Kenyan Rotarians take action to prevent spread of COVID-19&nbsp; June 26, 2020
- Italian club uses expertise to aid in coronavirus fight June 26, 2020
- Clem Renouf, the RI president who inspired Rotary’s polio eradication efforts, dies June 25, 2020
- Rotary provides $20 million to help communities worldwide respond to COVID-19 June 23, 2020
- Winners of the 2020 Rotarian magazine photo contest June 16, 2020
21 hours 13 minutes ago
Rotary District 6970 updated their cover photo.
22 hours 44 minutes ago
1 day 21 hours ago
🌈Awesome job The Rotary Club of DeLand! Great to see you still connecting. Continue to stay safe and set the example for all. We are all in this together. 😷😷😷🦩
3 days 16 hours ago
Welcome President Daniel Hilbert! 🦩